National Geographic : 1940 Feb
Photograph from Pix TROOPS SWING DOWN A STREET IN THE SHADOW OF FINLAND'S NEW PARLIAMENT BUILDING When the plucky Nation's territory was invaded by Soviet Russia last fall, every available man was called to the colors. They reinforced astanding army ofonly 33,000. These infantrymen are equipped with the latest rifles. Modern artillery and antitank guns also served them ingood stead when they opposed theenemy's advance. Parliament House stands in T5615, a recently developed section of Helsinki.