National Geographic : 1940 Oct
c iNational ueograpnic society Kodachrome byLuis Marden Hub of Bogoti Is the Plaza de Bolivar, With Its Statue of the Liberator Adjoining the old Cathedral with its twin belfries stands the newer Sagrario Chapel. A collection of paintings from thebrush ofGregorio Vasquez, celebrated Colombian artist of the 17th century, is preserved within its walls. Fountains at the four corners of the plaza are illuminated with colored lights onholiday evenings. Guadalupe Mountain rises in background.