National Geographic : 1943 Aug
© National Geographic Society Kodachrome by Peter Upton Muir High above the Tiny Fishing Village of Kerity Towers the Phared'Eckmiihl This lighthouse, 197 feet high, guards the wild, rocky peninsula of Penmarch. Funds from a legacy of a relative ofthe Prince d'Eckmiihl, aMarshal under Napoleon, helped to build it. The Marshal hoped that the lives it saved would atone for those lost in his campaigns. Fishermen haul the day's catch of sardines tomarket.