National Geographic : 1947 Aug
Winnipeg's Pioneers, Taking the Dawson Trail from Eastern Canada, Crossed U. S.Soil Here atHarrison Creek The old land-and-water route led from Lake Superior to Lake of the Woods, thence across the latter to this landing. Here theemigrants disembarked, then rode across the tip of Northwest Angle in oxcarts and buckboards, and pushed on to Fort Garry (now Winnipeg), 100 miles west. The trail was abandoned in1876 (page 275). The cabin is used by duck and deer hunters.