National Geographic : 1930 Jun
Photograph by Johnson Brothers AN AERIAL MAP OF THE CITY Of THE KINGS At the lower left corner are the Rimac River and the Central Railway yards. In the left middle distance rises the two-towered white Cathedral, fronting on the Plaza de Armas (see page 730). The square in the center is the Plaza San Martin, thecircle atthe bottom the Plaza Dos deMayo, and that at the right the Plaza Bolognesi. The structures in the near-by park, which is the GovernmentZoological Garden, arethe Exposition Pal ace, housing the National Museum, and the Industrial Exhibit Building. The avenue between Plaza Bolognesi and the park isthe Paseo Col6n (see illustration, page 729).