National Geographic : 1932 Feb
©Trinity Court Studio THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE AT PITTSBURGH, SHOWING THE MONONGAHELA ON RIGHT,THE ALLEGHENY ON LEFT Fort Duquesne, built by the French in 1754 and burned by them when they retreated, in 1758 (see page 39), stood onthepoint between the two bridges in the foreground. Fort Pitt, built by the English in 1763, stood on the left bank of the Allegheny above thebridge. Braddocks Field was up theMonon gahela. Washington, on his trip to Fort Le Bceuf, swam his horses across the Allegheny at a point close tothe white bridge, in,theforeground. Ashe returned he crossed farther up the stream (see pages 17 and 20).