National Geographic : 1913 Sep
THE PYLONS OF THE TEMPLE OF ISIS: PHILE About the year 350 B. C. the last of the native kings of Egypt, Nekhtnebf, built a temple to Isis on this beautiful island inthe Nile. Most of this temple, however, was destroyed by floods, and the present structure is mainly the work of the Ptolemies. The fine colonnades leading up to the temple date from Roman times; that on the left is complete, being 300 feet long, with 31 columns, each16feet high; that onthe right isun finished, having but 16 columns. Through the central gateway can be seen a portion of a second pylon leading into theholy ofholies.