National Geographic : 1918 Nov
INTERIOR OF THE USPENSKI SOBOR, OR THE CATHEDRAL OF THE FALLING ASLEEP OF THE MOTHER OF GOD Showing on the pavement the shattered fragment of the shell-struck dome. This great edifice,formerly the burial place of the Patriarchs, was built by Fioraventi, of Bologna, in 1475-79. Though repeatedly devastated by plunderers or fire, ithas always been restored inits original form. Among its many relics were "the shroud of Christ, the robe of the Virgin, and a nail of the true cross" (see pages 379, 381, and 393).