National Geographic : 1926 Aug
© Jan Bulhak THE CATHEDRAL OF SAINT STANISLAUS, WILNO This church, in the form of a Greek temple, was founded in 1387, on the site of a sanctuary to a pagan god. Six massive columns form the portico. The statues are of Saints Helena, Stanislaus, and Casimir. ©Jan Bulhak SAINT CASIMIR CHAPELIN THE SAINT STANISLAUS CATHEDRAL In this baroque marble chapel thetraveler's attention iscalled tothe silver coffin of Saint Casimir and silver statues ofmany ofPoland's kings and queens.