National Geographic : 1959 Aug
1946. A Swiss architect gave his services. Six hundred young workers, all volunteers, poured in from 17 nations. Donations came from all parts of the world: coal from Poland, woolens from England, oranges from Palestine, honey from Australia. By the end of the year the first orphans moved in from war-shattered Marseille. Pesta lozzi was officially open.