National Geographic : 1931 Nov
00 , Photograph by Capt. Albert W. Stevens GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HAD ITS ORIGIN IN A TINY SCHOOL POUNDED BY THE REVEREND ANDREW WHITE, S.J., WHO CAME WITH LEONARD CALVERT TO SETTLE MARYLAND This magnificent panorama shows part of the University's ninety acres and some of its buildings. In theback center, with white dome, isitswell-known Astronomical Observatory, which has housed some of the world's leading astronomers and meteorologists. At upper right, the new building for the School of Medicine and the School of Dentistry. On the right of the main building stands the new Copley Hall Dormitory (see, also, text, page 617).