National Geographic : 1932 May
Photograph courtesy Harold T. Clark THE HEART OF CLEVELAND, SEEN FROM THE AIR In the foreground is the Municipal Stadium, on the lake front, opened in 1931, and used for outdoor opera and other civic activities. Its seating capacity is 76,000. In the left background is the Terminal Tower (see, also, pages 526 and 531). The long, low building between it and the Sta dium is the Cuyahoga County Courthouse, located in the Mall area. Photograph by Jacob Gayer DOORWAY OF A LAKE SHORE BOULEVARD RESIDENCE, CLEVELAND As in many American cities, the older fashionable residential sections of Ohio's largest municipality are giving way totrade, and newer ones have been established in such sections asShaker Heights, Lakewood, and Bratenahl. Architecture andlandscape effects inthe Ohio metropolis are of a high order.