National Geographic : 1935 Jul
Photograph byWood Aerial surveys SERENE IN A SYLVAN SETTING RISE THE TURRETS AND TOWERS OF BRYN MAWR COLLEGE Ivy-covered buildings are grouped around the rolling campus of this women's college where President Woodrow Wilson once taught. Katharine Hepburn, Helen Taft Manning, and Mrs. Jean Piccard are among its famous daughters. Across the foreground runs a row of dormitories.The college theater isinGoodhart Hall atthe extreme left. Along the line of buildings (upper right) leads the Old Gulph Road, built by William Penn, whose coat ofarms appears onthemilestones. Itwas used during the Revolutionary War for travel between Philadelphia and Valley Forge.