National Geographic : 1936 Jul
AT "JOURNEY'S END" AN INTERSTATE BRIDGE CONNECTS THE TWIN TOWNS NAMED FOR LEWIS AND CLARK The steamer Lewiston hauls grain on the Snake River to and from the shipping points shared by Lewiston, Idaho, and Clarkston, Washington (left). Here itis moored to the Idaho bank, near where the stream is joined by its tributary, the Clearwater. In 1805 Lewis andClark reached this river junction. The huge white "C" on the mountain to the right was built of painted rocks by students of Clarkston High School (page 136).