National Geographic : 1925 Jan
Photograph from the Carnegie Institution THE TEMPLE OF' THE TABLES Six tables, or altars, supported by small human figures, were found against the back wall of this sanctuary when itwas excavated. The picture shows one of these altars still in its original position on the summit at the right. The whole back wall hasfallen, leaving thefour square columns of the sanctuary exposed. The other five altars are fallen, though the statuettes which originally supportedthem arescattered about intheimmediate vicinity.