National Geographic : 1925 Nov
C-t Photograph byMaynard Owen Williams PANDORA HARBOR AND CAPE KENRICK FROM CRYSTAL PALACECLIFFS This quiet harbor, just north of Cape Alexander, was the anchoring place of Sir Allen Young's ship Pandora in1876. Offitsmouth herds ofwalrus are frequently seen and the hills are full of snow-white Arctic hares. In the distance are the snow hills ofEllesmere Island. Etah isabout eight miles away to the north, off the right side of the picture. In the right foreground is the Bowdoin.