National Geographic : 1927 Feb
Photograph by Major William D. Tipton, courtesy of the Baltimore Sun AIR VIEW OF JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, BALTIMORE Gilman Hall, with the tower, is at the left, and the engineering buildings and laboratories before itinthe quadrangle. Other edifices will be built where the tennis courts now stand. Above the circle, to the right of the group, is Charles Carroll's famous mansion, Carrollton, from which the architectural motif of the entire group has been taken. This historic house is now the Faculty Club.