National Geographic : 1929 May
HIGHLIGHTS OF LONDON TOWN SCIONS OF A FAMOUS REGIMENT The officer on the right displays the uniform worn by the Royal Scots Fusiliers at the time of their organization two and a half centuries ago. (g iNatonal geographic Society Autochromes by Clifton Adams CHANGING THE GUARD AT ST. JAMES'S PALACE Details from the Grenadier, Scots, Irish, Welsh and Coldstream Guard regiments participate in this ceremony. St. James's Palace was originally built by Henry VIII, but the vicissitudes of four centuries have left little of the old Tudor structure standing. Until recently the Prince of Wales lived here; now parts of the palace are occupied by officials of the royal household.